The State Fair isn’t the only place where you can find something on a stick – you can get TV on it too!
The mega-company Amazon has its hand in many different cookie jars, including entertainment. When you’re sick of cable’s high prices and low variety, it’s time to cut the cord and see what online services, like Amazon, have for entertainment.
What Is the Fire TV Stick?
Amazon introduced its Fire TV Stick in 2014 and has been growing it to this day. The Amazon Fire TV Stick is a media streaming device about the size of a USB flash drive but larger than life in its endless amount of content.
How Much Does the Amazon Fire TV Stick Cost?
The Fire TV Stick Lite, Amazon’s most affordable Fire TV Stick, currently sells for $29.99. (At the time of writing, it’s on sale for $21.99!) It does not come with TV controls; You press a button and ask Alexa to search and launch shows.
The next level up, the Fire TV Stick with TV controls, typically sells for $39.99 and is on sale for $27.99. Higher versions offer additional features like streaming in 4K.
Additional Requirement: Amazon Account
You don’t need an Amazon Prime subscription to use the Fire TV Stick, but you do need to set up a regular Amazon account, if you don’t already have one.
If you have an Amazon Prime account, you’re already set up quite nicely for the introduction of an Amazon Fire TV Stick. However, the actual setup is a tiny bit more complicated.
Here’s everything you need to know about setting up your New Amazon Fire TV Stick.
If setting up this technology seems a little daunting, let’s do a step by step process of setup:
1. First, you will want to plug the USB end of the cord into the power block and insert that power block into an outlet.
2. Insert the cord into the Fire TV Stick.
3. Next, insert the Fire TV Stick into an HDMI port on your TV.
4. Press the Home button on your remote.
5. Select your language settings.
6. Connect to your home’s Wifi.
7. Select an existing account or create one.
8. Enter your Amazon login ID.
9. Confirm your account.
Now that your account is set up and confirmed, it’s time to tailor it to your preferences!
● Select “Choose Apps” to browse the different types of channels you now have access to.
● Select from popular services, then click right to select the TV channel apps you want.
● After selecting your TV channel apps, click right to select your desired sports apps.
● After your desired sports apps are selected, click right and select the featured services you want.
● Once everything is selected, click play. Click “Download” apps to begin.
And presto! Your Amazon Fire TV Stick is all installed and set up.
Be sure to play around with Alexa commands. You can verbally pause, rewind, play, and switch to different content all by first saying “Alexa…” followed by your desired command.
Contact Cable Alternatives to Finally Cut the Cord
If you need assistance cutting the cord to your cable, contact Cable Alternatives today!
We help with a number of cable cutting processes, like training and support, as well as digital antenna installation and consultation.
Receive free consultation online or give us a call at 763-571-1037 today!